Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

It’s a question often asked – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Have you ever thought about it? I have…

Take a look into my life, fast forward 10 years…

I’d be filthy rich, living in a mansion, a pick of about 4 cars to drive (don’t want to be greedy), fantastically turned out children with successful careers and just chilling every day with hubby!

What a life that would be…

I’d wake every morning to freshly brewed coffee, which tastes as good as Starbucks, and breakfast in bed. I’d then go for a swim in my heated, indoor swimming pool. After which I would get dressed into creaseless clothes, obviously ironed by the maid. Then I would walk the land surrounding my mansion with hubby and the dogs. Then we’d have the whole day to relax and do whatever we want because we wouldn’t need to work anymore – I said we were filthy rich remember.

We’d have a cinema room built into the house because we’re both massive movie buffs. I wouldn’t have to cook anymore because we would have a live-in professional cook. I wouldn’t need to do any housework because the children have been so well brought up – Ok that’s a bit far-fetched – I would have live in maids and cleaners to come in a few times a week to tidy the house.

Hubby and I would both have taken early retirement because we are so rich (have I mentioned that already?) Although I’m not quite sure how we made our money… But that doesn’t matter, that happened at the 5 year point and we’re discussing the 10 year phase.

So, how does my life sound? Great, right?

OK that was just a very imaginative dream, but we are allowed to dream! And you never know, dreams can come true…

Photo by Daniel Barnes on Unsplash

Now back to the real world. Where do I see myself in 10 years time? Well, one thing for starters – the kids will have a focus in life, working towards a career or already on the career ladder. I’m not a pushy mum so I’m not going to force them into university if that’s not what they want. As long as they enjoy the path they choose,Β  I will be more than happy for them.

I don’t want to kick my children out of the house but I am hoping they will be independent enough to want to move out willingly! Although I may have to wait 15 or 20 years for that, 10 years is pushing it!Β (Dam it!)Β Not that I’m waiting or counting down the days, don’t get me wrong…

However, I don’t believe children grow up until they have flown the nest. Until they have to do their own washing and ironing. Until they have to do the grocery shop in order for there to be food in fridge – I’m sure mine think it magically appears there every few days!… So I want them to leave home for their personal development!

Back to the question… Time to be serious…

In 10 years time… I hope to be less relied upon. I hope to have my own life and interests. At the moment I understand this is impossible as I’m a mum and it’s in my job description to be here for my children first above my own needs. But by 10 years I hope I can leave them to their own devices and start concentrating on myself again.

I will return to work, something fun that’s comes without stress. If there is such a job? I’m still trying to figure that one out…

I will have annualor maybe moreholidays with my husband. It’ll be great to go on holiday, just us (a new experience!) I will hopefully have gotten over my fear of flying by now and would love to visit some exotic destinations – Caribbean, Maldives, Hawaii, anywhere hot!

I will be mortgage free! I know that’s a really big ask but that’s the point of this question. To have no mortgage, to eliminate the hugest debt most of us face in life, that is definitely something to hope for. Without this one debt, life would be so much more comfortable.

I will be settled. I think that’s the main thing for me. To live in my forever home. To have enough money to support our lifestyle. To have happy children. That’s where I want to be in 10 years.

pexels-photo-691045.jpeg

What about you? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Real or dream land?

Let me know by dropping a comment below…

Can’t wait to read them…

Suki… X

1. I too have the same dream. The lavish lifeπŸ™ˆI do hope it gets fulfilled. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€If not that then definitely a settled life with at least the luxury to travel around.

Think we all dream of a lavish life! Fingers crossed… X

1. Seriously. Fingers crossed 🀞

2. quitahale1 says:

I see my self living lavishly in my dream house not having to worry about anything but living the good life with my family.

Oh how great that sounds! Let’s keeps hoping… X

1. quitahale1 says:

Praying for my lavish lifeπŸ™πŸ½

3. LiaBee says:

Dreaming is free and who knows? We never know what’s gonna happen even in few months or years. Just be positive, have faith and keep our feet on the ground. πŸ™‚
    I’m a believer of ‘dreams do come true’..
    I know one day, it will all happen. πŸ™‚ x

So true! Thank you for your input… X

4. Ive just turned sixty so in ten years time I hope to still be standing upright! πŸ˜‚ x

πŸ˜‚ that’s brilliant! My hopes are also with you… X

5. Anonymous says:

Same as you – the first part – filthy rich! Nice post

Good luck! Hopefully it’ll happen, for the both of us… X

6. shoniessky says:

That wAs greAt to read. Now let’s get back to reality lol such dreams. But I completely understood where you were coming from in this and I must say you and where you saw yourself In ten years, the reality? Was oh so nice.. I relate and do hope you are blessed to have that come true.. xoxo

That’s what we all hope for, a stable life… May your dreams also become reality… X

7. shoniessky says:

Thank you.. ❀❀❀

8. Praying my health remains good, after finishing up with taking care of our precious special cats, I would very much love to be able to travel comfortably to photograph what I dream to see. I dream of my photography succeeding mightily! And I dream of having a life of luxury for my final days after a lifetime of service to others. πŸ˜‰

My hopes are with you in your journey! May you accomplish everything you want & live a healthy prosperous life… X

1. THANK YOU!!! πŸ’–

9. As usual, I am in total agreement with you. I have always said we can do anything we give our mind strength to accomplish. My desire is to be able to retire by age 45. If that’s going to happen, It’s crunch time! Thanks for the reminder. Cheers! πŸ˜‰

Oh yes, early retirement would be brilliant… Let’s keep our fingers crossed! X

10. You always surprised me with your articles! It’s just like reading my own thought! Two people living continents away still unite on thoughts… Amazing!πŸ‘πŸ‘

I’m glad it’s not only me… X

11. Nana says:

Hahaha! Very interesting!
    Same as you (the first part) and even more πŸ˜€
    Nice post by the way

Thank you! Hope you get all you desire… & more! πŸ˜‰

12. Blended Hope says:

With nine kids (ages almost 19 down to almost 1 year old) I see myself doing the same things I’m doing currently but with grand babies!! I pray for health and happiness in ten years time❀️

Here’s to health & happiness! X ❀

13. To be honest I’ve not really thought about it! Our girls will be 26, 20 and 17 then *feels sick* so we’ll be less replied upon, as you said. We’re kind of looking forward to that point in our lives as we were fairly young parents (I was 18, my husband was 22) so we’re feeling like we’re on the home stretch! We can’t wait to be able to go and visit our daughters in their own homes, and the grandchildren if they have them by then. At the same time, I kind of don’t want to think about it as it kinda feels like you’re wishing the time away if that makes sense? xx

Yeah that makes sense too! Should enjoy every day to its fullest! Just to be settled & have our kids settled would be great, everything else is a bonus… Thanks for reading. X

14. ELLE says:

Ahhhhhh the dream! I’ve always thought of success as sitting by the fire with my partner-turned-husband, looking at the Christmas tree in a home we own, with kids we adore, and even better–with no where else to be. That’s where I pray to be in ten years time: settled and happy.

Sounds great! 🀞for you… X

15. Thought for change says:

I like simple life not so dreamy. In ten years I want my mom to be very proud of me that’s it.

That’s such a lovely aspiration! To want for your mum instead of yourself! X

1. Thought for change says:

😊

16. Nick Holland says:

Having the mortgage paid off would be amazing, although far fetched for us. Definately some more routine. Kids that don’t require quite as much work. And that annual holiday would be great

I think most of us parents want the same thing. Lets all keep our fingers crossed… x

17. brownbeauty8 says:

This was amazing! I visualized the whole thing.

A great dream 🀩

18. UrsulaB says:

After careful consideration πŸ€” dream… I’d like to see myself living like the girl version of where’s Waldo πŸ˜„ reality… I’ll probably still be in my garden pulling weeds πŸ˜„ love this post!

19. Rhed says:

Hi Baffledmum, great job! If you are looking for hot places, you can also visit Philippines. Haha just an opinion from me πŸ˜€

20. deimile says:

Great food for thought! I see us debt free, traveling the world and me working from home or at least working whenever I feel like working…

It would be great to have a job that’s works for us instead of us working for it! On our terms… Thanks for reading. X

21. Anonymous says:

I see myself in that house! Where is it???

Lol, not sure! Brilliant house that’s for sure… X

22. Well it’s not a bad thing to dream big huh.lol,so I would take the dream version. I see myself living in luxury and being a blessing to those around me.Having my own family (husband and kids )

And what a great dream that will be… To be blessed with family around is the main thing we can ask for. X

23. Anonymous says:

In 10years I hope I’m still here! πŸ˜‰

Ummmm, so do I! πŸ˜€

24. zahthinks says:

In my lala land I wish 10 years down the line I’m around the world travelling… Discovering new places and people… 😍
    But considering the reality in another 10 years I might be having a kid or two and would be dropping them off to school and running around… Hushhh.. Let me be in my dreams. 😁

πŸ˜‚ think we all prefer our dream land outlook… X

25. missy512 says:

To be completely transparent, I can’t think much past the events of today and the next twenty-four hours. I will keep the thought of the next ten years on my mind. God bless you friend!πŸ’•

26. Christy B says:

Being mortgage free sounds great! I hope you get that breakfast in bed soon, even if just one morning this year ❀

πŸ˜‚ Thank you, I hope so too! X

27. In 10 years, I plan to work super hard on writing my stories, publish and repeat and then hopefully people will fall in love with the worlds I create to help me find a way to become completely debt free. My kids education paid for and bills are something I only dreamt about once. hahah And most importantly worry free. Being at a point in life where I don’t have to worry about how much money is in my pocket or in the bank is where I strive to be. Money doesn’t buy happiness but I sure would like to try this theory out for myself.

That sounds like a brilliant plan! My fingers are crossed for you… X

1. hehe thank you, mine too. Hugs to you.