My dreams are causing migraines

“One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now…” (Paulo Coelho)

I love this quote. As my life is ticking by and I’m getting older this quote sticks in my head like a constant migraine!

Why do I compare it to a migraine? Because it’s a nagging in my head that lasts for days and I can’t seem to think about anything else when it is there but I also can’t be rid of it until it plays out.

Did that make sense? If not I’ll try explaining in more depth…

There are so many things I want to do in my lifetime. Many adventures to have, places to visit, risks to take. But life seems to take over. It’s very difficult to sway from daily routines when you have a family, a job, people who depend on you, bills to pay! So how do you do all those things you want to do?

So it becomes a migraine. It’s in your head (the things you want to do), it causes you stress (because you can’t get around to doing it), it refuses to go away (because you really want to do it) and in the end you try to numb in out (accept now is not the time)

ache-adult-depression-expression-41253.jpeg

But of course it doesn’t go away, after all –  these are your dreams. So what are we supposed to do?

Some people make a bucket list. It’s a crazy name for a list – Have you ever thought about it? Bucket list – A list of things to do before you kick the bucket, Die!

I’m not going to make a bucket list but there is a list of things I hope to accomplish in my lifetime. Take a peek..

1. Visit some of the wonders of the world. So far I’ve only seen The Taj Mahal so I’ve got a long way to go. The one place from the list I definitely can’t miss is Machu Picchu. What an amazing city, such beauty…

pexels-photo-259967.jpeg

2. Swim with Dolphins. I would love to go scuba diving but I know I’m too much of a chicken to go under water! So the next best thing would be to swim with these beautiful, intelligent mammals…

pexels-photo-225869.jpeg

3. Open (or help sponsor) a rescue centre for German Shepherds. I am a massive dog lover, especially this breed. I’ve had 3 German Shepherds in my life time and can’t image life without them. It breaks my heart to see people abandon their pups so I would happily take them in…

pexels-photo-351406.jpeg

4. Take part in a marathon (charity run). This is probably an easy one to accomplish so I’ve got no excuse! However, I have a bad ankle after having slightly cracked it a few years back so I might have to walk the marathon instead. But its the taking part that counts, isn’t it? …

runner-race-competition-female.jpg

5. Watch the sunset on a beach and maybe sleep there under the stars. I have watched the sunset before with my sister and cousins in LA, it was a such a breath-taking sight. It proves the marvels of this extraordinary planet we live in and the star which gives us life. I would love to watch another sunset with my family and then to sleep under the stars and wake to watch the sun rise again…

pexels-photo-1000443.jpeg

6. See the northern lights. Another beautiful must see! From the pictures and videos I’ve seen this of this aurora I’m left speechless. How do you describe such a thing? Magical…

alaska-wilderness-sky-aurora-borealis-41004.jpeg

7. Publish a book. This is something I’ve always wanted to do, since a child. There’s no obvious reason for me not having published one already, apart from the fact that I don’t know what type of book I want to write! A bit hard to start until I can answer this question!

pexels-photo-958164.jpeg

8. Get over a fear. I have a lot of fears! Yes I am a bit of a whimp! I’m claustrophobic, I don’t like crowds, I don’t like the dark, I fear deep water, the sea, I despise insects!, I’m terrified of heights, I have motion sickness!!! It’s a wonder I can leave my house! But one fear that I want to conquer is my fear of flying! I experienced a really bad flight more than 10 years ago and since then I dread getting on a plane! If I don’t get over this fear, half the things on my list while be un-accomplished!

aircraft-jet-landing-cloud-46148.jpeg

9. Set up a support group or aid a charity. I strongly believe one of the reasons we are gifted life is to help others… This item on my list is a must accomplish. My eldest son was diagnosed with Autism when he was 3 years old. My family and I were shocked, scared and in disbelief. We realised there were differences in him but this diagnosis left us BAFFLED! Years on, we now understand more about the spectrum and can support him, to an extent. I would love to set up a support group for families who are struggling with the same issues. (This is also the reason I went into teaching special needs children)

pexels-photo-935870.jpeg

10. Get married and have children. Meet my Grandchildren. These were the clear-cut factors in my life! Get married – Done! Have children – Done! Meet the Grandchildren – Waiting (but no rush!)

pexels-photo-733881.jpeg

That’s my life’s dreams in a nutshell.

Besides these, I want happiness. Then maybe my migraines will forever fade away…

Have you ever thought about your life’s dreams?

Do you have a Bucket List?

Leave me a message telling me one thing you must do in your lifetime.

Waiting for your dreams to unravel…

Suki… X

1. Miss A says:

The Aurora sure is beautiful ! I think I would like to get time to write a book and maybe maybe be lucky to extend my family to two babies…at some point. Have a one year old now . Just got over that pregnancy and birth lol

Sounds good, fingers crossed… X

2. Since my childhood I dreamt of opening animal shelter. I somehow want to help all the dogs and even now I keep searching where to start but I have no clue how this can actually be done.
    I do wish that you recover from your migraine soon and fulfill all your dreams❤️

Lol! Thank you… I wouldn’t know where to start either, opening a dog shelter. But a lot of money will probably help! X

1. Ah money how could I forget that. Other than that if there is a process I would need to know that also. It’s complicated though. Sigh..

3. sam basu says:

Nice dreams. Hope that, you will achieve your dreams,my best wishes with you.

4. As if I was reading my personal diary…OMG ! I can replace a couple of dreams and then it will be exactly the same bucket list! Hope you will be able to empty the bucket dear…All the best…May you get rid of your migraine soon!

Lol, yes this migraine is a terrible thing… Hope your dreams also are fulfilled… X

5. Nathi says:

All the best with your dreams! Hope you be blessed with all that you wished for!

Thank you! Hope all your dreams also come true… X

1. Nathi says:

Thank you! And have a great day!

6. I used to volunteer in a dog rescue org as well. Loved it! Although it’s hard work. And I want to see the northern light too but I guess it’s too cold for me.

7. Shruti Ohri says:

The accuracy of the entire post is amazing, honestly.
    I could relate with so many of these dreams/fantasies, or rather ‘things on my to-do list’. I also wanna go around the world on a tour to all the amazing libraries.
    Aah. Fantasies. So much of stress, I tell you xP
    Watching sunsets, and sleeping under the stars; one of the most magical feelings!❤

Can’t wait to try that one then… Thank you for taking the time to read, how all your future plans are also fulfilled… X

8. I’d love to see the Taj Mahal! I bet that was amazing. You won’t see me taking part in a marathon anytime soon 😛 A fab list, and I hope you fulfil your dreams! ❤

Thank you… A walking marathon, should be fun as long as the weather is good… X

9. Alexis Rose says:

This is a great bucket list! I think that quote is from The Alchemist? I think I’ve read that book 7 or 8 times. On my list to to hang out in Tahiti. Someday it will happen!

Fingers crossed for you… X

10. UrsulaB says:

You my dear are a beautiful human being…I hope you smash that migraine with all the beautiful emotions we are given in life! … I’d like to find that one guy somewhere on this planet 🤔…I’ll even widen my search to other planets 😆 to make my own romantic comedy lol.

Lol! Happy searching! They do say women are from Earth and men are from Mars! … I hope your dreams come true… X

11. I hope you reach to each and one of your dreams! I don’t have a bucket list but I think if I had to see one thing that would be for my mom to see her country where she was born and for me to be able to take her.

That’s so sweet, I really hope it happens for both of you… X

12. Anonymous says:

Lol! You really make me laugh with your posts. Brilliant how you compared your dreams to a migraine! So funny so afraid of the world you are – but you really need to pull yourself together! Hope it all happens for you.

I’m trying, really I am… 😣
      Glad I can make you laugh… X

13. I love your post and your enthusiasm, don’t give up on your dreams and don’t be so hard on your self and maybe the migraines will stop❤️

Lol! Yes I hope so… X

14. shoniessky says:

I think this is not only healthy but great that you have such a list. That makes it more attainable. I do know that migraine.. I think it happens to a lot of people at least once in growth. Knowing time does run out but I say start to tackle that list. Best wishes xoxo

15. No bucket list… I always plan (if I have to) only 2-3 month ahead. Life is so troubled and crazy now, difficult to plan ahead
    Great post btw 💕👋

That’s get true… & probably a better way to get things done… X

16. This was such a good read…👍👍👍

I’m glad you liked it… X

17. Miss Mental says:

I know the feeling! when I was a kid I always wanted to be a dolphin trainer xd so cute right? there is soo much I want to do, I don’t even know where to start

My list will probably change as time goes past aswel… Let’s see what we both accomplish… X

18. Laleh Chini says:

I do dream a lot and I do get migraines 😂