10 already!

My youngest son; my baby, turned 10 this week. He, obviously, was chuffed to bits that he’s reached the ‘double figures’ of his life. Me, however, was left a little saddened.

It’s an end of an era. Gone is him trying to sit on my lap, although my lap will be grateful – he is getting a little heavy! Gone is him following me everywhere I go, although I’ll finally be able to see my own shadow again! Gone is the walking down the road hand in hand, he has permitted me to hook my hand in his arm though – that’s still cool-ish according to him.

But I’ve made myself very clear to all 3 of my boys that there’s one thing I never expect to be gone – the hugs and the kisses. I need a hug & kiss every morning and every night without fail, I’m not budging on that!

I do wish time would slow down. In a blink of an eye my children have grown up and I’ve got old! I need to stop blinking. I feel as if the next time I do, my children will be flying my nest…

At least I’ve got the millions of photo’s I take to look back on. Here’s some birthday celebration, Snapchat shots of me and the birthday boy:

img_6137

Great fun!

On another note…. It’s been a good couple of weeks. I’ve managed to stick to my month’s targets. My sleep routine is improving, I was absolutely shattered come Sunday so I did have a lie in but felt better for it! Healthy eating is going down well, minus the birthday cake but that was a necessity, didn’t want to offend my son! I’ve managed to stick to my 12,000 weekday steps target but I really need to look at walking more at the weekends.

Highlight of the last 2 weeks – My baby’s Birthday

Low point of last 2 weeks – Massive house clean up following school holidays!

Lets see what next week brings…

What’s been the highlight or low point of your week? Let me know by dropping me a message below.

Take care…

1. Abhi Jeet says:

How time flies!
    I wish him all the happiness ahead.

Stay blessed you both !

2. These are great. Made me smile. Yes in a blink of an eye you find yourself with an 11 year old. Where did those years go. But like you millions of stored memories. I think it’s good to have at least one rest day a week….

My family is Snapchat crazy at moment, they are funny filters though so great laugh… I agree, a rest day is needed ❣

3. https://wp.me/paBgxs-ds

अजब मामूल है जिन्दगी का !!

4. Happy birthday and many healthy happy years ok for your kids and their mum too, of course 🙂 good results on walking 🚶‍♀️ 👍👍😄

5. Lorna Flaws says:

May he always bring you pride and joy. 💕

6. Claudette says:

How nice! Double digits is a big deal, right? My son is a teen now and he does not tolerate much contact from his mom so I try to respect it but it’s so hard…sigh. Occasionally I get something called a ‘man hug’…it’s like a leaning into me from the side without arm movement, kind of thing. I’ll take it! lol…but you know you find other little things that are habitual they haven’t grown out of. That wave in the morning when he leaves for school, the way he warms up the seat in the new car…I notice, even if he doesn’t do it consciously. 🙂 Enjoy them while they’re little, it’s a different world when they turn into teens. 🙂

I know exactly what you mean, my older 2 boys are both teens! That’s why I’m making the most of the time with the youngest ☹️☺️

7. yaasotaa says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY👑🎊🎉🎉….💕💕i wish him all the happiness ahead

8. Anonymous says:

Happy birthday. The dog face is really good, I haven’t seen that filter before.

Thank you. It’s a snapchat filter, the kids love it! x

9. Yes time does fly ! But I will say to you .. your sons will always give you a kiss and a hug, my son is 18 and gives the best hugs I told him I will always need your hugs and he chuckles I’m good humor and says I know mom! . So no worries there.🙂and let me tell you , you are never going to be old omg you look great! Hugs lady🙂

Ahhh, thank you. You’ve brought me a smile this morning ☺️

10. Bryan Fagan says:

It is amazing how fast they grow. Sometimes it would be nice if time slowed just a bit. My girls are 16 and 14. I swear my oldest was just learning to walk yesterday. What happened?

I know, right! And the fact that they are in such a rush to grow up doesn’t help! I guess we just need to treasure every moment… x

11. Bryan Fagan says:

That we do. Hang on to those videos and pictures and enjoy the next stage.

12. Rageshree says:

Wish you and him all the happiness in the world!❤️

I’ll pass on your wishes… Thank you!