My week 27.01.19

It’s been a cold week. Brrrrrrrrr!

We’ve had ice, sleet, snow and freezing cold temperatures. There hasn’t been a day when I haven’t had to go out and chip the ice of the car windscreen in order to drop the kids at school. I was kind of hoping for a snow day but unfortunately that didn’t happen… Maybe next week as we’ve still got snow forecast. Fingers crossed!Β

It’s was hubby’s birthday yesterday! He took the day off work on friday so me and him could celebrate in advance – whilst the kids were at school. We went for some lunch, had some delicious steak followed by some New York cheese cake! Mmmmmm, heaven! I let hubby have a drink (or 2) while I remained the sensible one, alcohol free and able to drive home and collect the kids after school!

Oh yeah, I saw some brilliant birthday candles in the shop which read out “shit, your old” instead of the usual “happy birthday”!Β I did deliberate getting them but concluded it wouldn’t be wise! It would have been funny though!!!

img_6183

I’ve had a productive week when it comes to my blog. I got bored with my old header and logo so had a revamp, if you haven’t seen it yet please check it out and tell me what you think. I’ve also started a new blog segment which kicked off yesterday – Saturday. Its called ‘blended stories’ and involves me writing a very short (3 paragraph) story with the interaction of one of my children. They are great fun! Again, please check it out if you havent already and give me some feedback…

Also this week I upped my health regime. I only just slightly raised the game but I’m taking baby steps. Actually, I am talking about my steps! I’ve raised my daily target from 12k to 15k and I’ve surprised myself by achieving it! However, because Sunday’s are my relaxing days and I walk less, it’s brought my daily average down! Sometimes you just can’t win!

Lastly, I’ll leave you with my highlight and low point:

Highlight of the week: Has to be Hubby’s birthday although this week I could name a few!

Lowlight of the week: The arthritis in my hands is really playing up due to the cold!

Drop me a comment to share your highlight or low point of the week.

I hope you’ve all had a great week, lets see what next week brings…

SukiX!

1. Laureen says:

I work on the ability to explain things easily. But, this is often not easy πŸ˜‰

All the best to you

Laureen

It can be tough! πŸ˜‘ Thank you Laureen.

2. Seems like a great week πŸ™‚ & 14k?! I do only 7 now maybe…it’s winter πŸ₯Ά cold & lazy πŸ™‚ well done!

Thank you. It is difficult to keep up the steps, there’s even been days when I’m pacing through the house! πŸ˜‚

3. Jonathan says:

The “shit you’re old” candles sound brilliant πŸ™‚

They really were! There kids couldn’t stop laughing!

4. Paul says:

I love the “shit, your old” cake.

You’re walking further than I am. I got a hybrid smartwatch back in October and am currently averaging just under 11000 steps a day.

I think the school runs help with the steps, my son’s class is right at the back of the school! & the dogs walks are getting longer… X

1. Paul says:

I can imagine. I used to walk the dog every day and then cycle to work. Now I don’t have a dog and I drive to the station for work.

The step counter really brought home to me just how sedentary I’ve become over the past ten years.

I agree, it’s made me realise how much I didn’t use to move around…

5. Claudette says:

My low point was I slipped and crashed onto my gloveless hands on the ice in the driveway and ripped open skin, and they didn’t unlock the door to let me in so I had to fiddle with bags and keys and blood so I went to bed pissed off and hurt. πŸ™„ My high point is I slept 7 hours in a row. πŸ˜‰

Oh no! I hope your ok & your hands have healed up. I’m always telling the kids to be careful on the ice then it’s me who ends up falling! I’ve brought some proper snow boots this year so hopefully that’ll help… X

1. Claudette says:

I’ll survive. I can still type so that’s the main thing! πŸ™„πŸ™ƒ

I’m glad… x

6. I managed to cross a few annoying things off my to-do list. Not a major highlight, but a relief.

That’s good enough! πŸ‘

7. 14k is good given the weather isn’t great. High point having a cat in my stew, low point having to have a cuppa soup because of the car in my stew. Like the new design.

Yes I remember the cat stew story, that was funny! Thank you for checking out the new design… πŸ‘

8. Sadie says:

Love the ‘shit your old’ candles, made me giggle for a whileπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Also feel free to send some snow my way! We had nothing but sunshine and as lovely as that is I wanna see some white scenery! 😩

i would love to swap weather conditions with you… If only! X

9. Darn wish I had those candles for my hubby’s birthday … love it! You are so fun sounding . Love your humor. We are getting more snow our way on Tues night into Wed .. not looking forward to it.

Thank you… Oh no! We’ve got snow heading out way too but we probably won’t have the amount you get… X

10. Anonymous says:

Well done with your steps. I can’t even do 10k!

Maybe when the weather is better you will be able to walk more… But 10k is the recommended! X

Happy birthday to your husband and 15000 steps avarege a day, I know how much it takes to be there. Keep going.😊

Thank you … I’ll keep trying!