My week 03/02/2019

What a week it’s been!

We’ve had awful weather again, on Thursday morning it was -6 and I had a hell of a time trying to defrost the car! Even the dog kept slipping during his walk which was literally only around the corner, enough for him to do his business. We had some snow but not enough to build a snowman so that was disappointing!

close up of snowflakes on snow against sky
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

My youngest son managed to fall at school on Tuesday, right on his face! He grazed his forehead, side of his eye socket, his nose and he split his lip! The school informed me as soon as it happened as there was so much blood so I collected him and we decided to hibernate the day away… He made a speedy recovery and was back to school on Thursday after the swelling had gone down.

brown and white bear plush toy
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

Both our household cars had the MOT’s done yesterday which made for a very expensive trip to the garage! It makes me glad that February is a short month, a few less days of expenditure!

On that note, I can’t believe it’s February already! It’s time to set my monthly targets… If you’ve kept up to date with my blog, you’ll remember last month I focused on being healthy. I managed to stick to my walking targets, my sleep pattern is so much better and I’ve attempted to eat healthy. The eating target was a little tricky as when it’s so cold outside, all I want is comfort food! But I’m going to keep working on this.

burger and fried potatoes on plate
Photo by rawpixel.com on Pexels.com

This month I’m going to focus more on my writing. I’ve recently started writing short stories and am really enjoying it, aswell as the blended stories I’ve started posting which I write with the kids. I do eventually want to publish some short stories but I need more practice before that can happen. So this month, my target will be to write a short story a week. I would appreciate your feedback guys, so please try to leave me comments.

person writing on white book
Photo by rawpixel.com on Pexels.com

Lastly my highlight and low point of the week:

Highlight – I received a tax refund! A nice little amount that will come in handy!

Low point – Seeing my son’s poorly face after his fall.

I hope you’ve all had a good week. Leave me a comment to share your highlight or low point for this week.

Take care…

1. Laureen says:

In two days we will reach a goal, that we as a family have been working on for twelve years. I can not believe it right yet. We will definitely celebrating! In the last week we have made the preparations 😀

All the best to you

Laureen

I’m intrigued… Are you going to tell me more or is there a post coming up I should wait for? … X

1. Laureen says:

I used your contact-form.

2. That was a long week I guess

It really was! I’m glad it’s over, now to see what next week brings… Hope you’ve had a good week… X

3. My dreaded MOT is due. Won’t be cheap. It’s not good seeing you kids in pain, pleased he is ok now.

Thank you and I hope the MOT is passed! … X

4. Paul says:

Our week has just ended on a high note. The eldest son has just come third at a karate tournament. I haven’t seen him yet as I was delegated to take the twins to the youth association to eat pancakes — it’s a tough job but someone has to do it 😉

Of course, both of the twins have gone outside to play and I’m sitting here on my own again. With pancakes 😉

Sorry to hear about your son. Cuts and grazes are never fun, and it sounds like his fall was quite a nasty one.

As for months. We have a tree that needs to be cut down and a friend has offered to help. We were talking about it yesterday.

He said: “We really need to do this this month.”
    I said: “I’m sure we’ll be okay if we do it in February.”

I can’t believe how fast 2019 us shooting past.

That’s amazing! A super huge congrats! What an accomplishment… Hope the year just gets better and better! 👍

1. Paul says:

Thanks. We’re all very proud of him 🙂

5. AmyRose🌹 says:

I like you am relieved it is February and soon it will be Spring. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your stories. So sorry to hear about your son, but am very happy he is a fast recoverer, as most kids are. Adults? We take longer to heal. Have a great Sunday! 💖

Thank you Amy… & yes roll on spring & then summer… X

An interesting week indeed.

Hope your son is doing fine now.

Thank you, yes he’s healed up well… 👍

It was, hopefully next week will be calmer… X

7. Cool, then you can collect all your stories (posts), edit & fix & proofread them & publish:)

That’s the plan… Fingers crossed! X

8. Stay focused on food btw…🕺🕺😉

I’ll get there… X

9. I with you on February being here! Your pot little guy … that’s horrible but happy he’s healing fast. I do hate when the kids get hurt. When your mom no matter how old they are you feel their pain… I hope you have a good week ahead. By the way did you mean to put a 3 for the month ? ❤️

Lol! In England we write the date different to you guys, it’s day/month/year… Funny really, you would think that it should be the same layout everywhere! … Thank you, hope you have a great week too… X

1. You learn something new everyday.. omg I feel stupid lol 🙂

No need to feel silly, we learn something new everyday… X

10. Nani says:

I LOVE this weekly update. I am so sad to have read about your son 😦 but glad to hear he recovered!
    I cannot believe it’s already February. My goals this month are to definitely write more. I’ve been so busy that writing has slipped my mind 😦 thanks for the goal setting idea! I’m going to try it.
    Xoxo

I look forward to reading more from you but I do understand that sometimes life takes over… hope you have a great week! X

11. TammyB says:

You did have a rough week! I am glad your son is ok. Quite a spill he took though which is scary.

I am glad to hear you are doing more short story work! I am open to being a short story writing buddy if you are!

Yes if course! 👍

12. Jonathan says:

We always said when our kids were little that if they didn’t have a few bumps and bruises that they hadn’t really been having fun. Doing a full-on face plant is a whole other thing though, isn’t it…

True! The amount of A&E visits we’ve made with our 3 boys has been ridiculous! Luckily they seem to be growing out of it now… Fingers crossed! …