My week 10/02/19

Hi guys, welcome to my weekly catchup!

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather this week, it’s not helped by the fact that we had terrible weather! Rainy England kept to traditions and poured down on us several days during the week especially on Thursday as we felt the wrath of storm Erik! It was so awful the rain was actually seeping in through the joints on the boy’s bedroom windows! (Note to self – I’ll have to get those windows replaced in summer!)

eye of the storm image from outer space
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

On the plus side, we had a family member visit from Australia this week and it was lovely to catchup. It did bring home again the weather differences between our two countries and made me imagine life, living down under! I could really get used to all that sunshine I so crave… Imagine, hot sun beaming down, family trips to a beach where the water is actually warm, barbecues… Sounds enticing doesn’t it? It’s a shame Australia is so far away! I don’t think I could handle over 24 hours on an aeroplane, I just about handled 4 hours to Greece last year! Shame!

aerial photography of body of water
Photo by Damon Hall on Pexels.com

Also this week, I had my middle son’s options evening at his school. We went around all the subjects he could choose to study over the next 3 years to gain his GCSE’s and at the end of it we were left baffled!Β With my eldest son, it was easy! He knew his interests and the subject areas he could thrive in. But this time round, my son is stuck as there are too many options to pick from, even more than 2 years ago when the eldest son picked! To top the stress off even more, he has to sit an interview to explain why he wants to pick the subjects he chooses before they are granted! Now that’s a lot to put on a 13 year old!

adult blur books close up
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

With another week over and a new one to start, a really hectic one but I’ll tell you about that next week, here’s my highlight and low point of the week:

Highlight: Catching up with our visitor from Australia.

Low point:Β My washing machine broke on friday night when I have all the school uniforms and smelly P.E kits to wash!

I hope you’ve all had a good week. As usual, I would love to hear your highlight of the week but I would also like to share your low point. So leave me a message below…

1. CJ Porter says:

Highlight: Had the most likes on my blog. Two days in a row.
    Lowpoint: My boy getting a cold so last night we decided to go for some icecream as a treat. (First night trip for icecream so he was all excited).
    My ex had said 45mins earlier if he needed her, she would come down. He called her to come with us.(Something he never does). I called her numerous times, sent messages.
    She didn’t reply until hours after our mini adventure. (We had to drive to a wee seaside place 7 miles away to get it). Thankfully his mood had lifted when we got there. A bit frustrating all the same.
    (Sorry for the essay. It’s bugging me a bit this morning)

Well done you for so many likes! & I’m sorry your boys not feeling well, I wish him a speedy recovery… The icecream treat is always a great idea! πŸ‘ I hope the frustration has had to settle back down…

1. CJ Porter says:

Why thank you very much for your comment and my boy’s recovery.
        Got a bit of writing done so the frustration has gone πŸ™‚
        Hope you have a great day with your family…And the uniforms are washed.

πŸ˜‚ Yes, did the washing, took it to the in-laws! X

2. Claudette says:

Highlight: I wrote another romance story and got as far as the bedroom door before I ran out of words. Lol
    Lowpoint: I’m constantly cold. πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Maybe your next week’s highlight will be the next part of your story??? X

3. Paul says:

I’m not sure how we’d manage if the washing machine broke down. It’s on pretty much every evening, and even more at the weekend.

Our eldest son starts secondary school next year and is starting to receive brochures from the various schools in the area. I was surprised to see that, in Belgium, kids are having to start picking a general direction aged 11.

I think thats way too young for kids to decide! All my son thinks about is what job pays more! I keep telling him he has to do something he enjoys & money is secondary but he thinks I’m insane! … Washing machine ordered & on the way! πŸ‘Œ

1. Paul says:

We’re quite lucky in that he does have a pretty good idea of what he wants to do but when I was that age I had no clue at all.

Good luck with the new washing machine πŸ™‚

4. Broken washing machine- ouch, no fun!
    About Australia….I been there & I liked it. It’s very hot tho. I visited in their winter & I thought it was crazy hot haha during 2 weeks – no rains at all, fulllllll summer πŸ™‚

That sounds like bliss to me… Thinking of emigrating… πŸ’­

1. What about snakes? Lol they are everywhere too…

2. I mean in Australia πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

Yes I’ve heard about the snakes & the creepy crawlies… Scary! 😬😱

5. I hope you do feel better and your strongest and that your machine gets fixed. πŸ™‚

1. Anytime…glad to know!

I know! Mostly downs but hopefully this week will be better… X

1. This week will be better

6. Yes Storm Erik was fun. The cat flap just became a beautiful water pipe. Water everywhere. I would love to go to Australia. Partner went. Rather scarily she went swimming and only found out when they were waved urgently back in that a Great White was been seen.

😳 that’s scary! I don’t think I could handle the plane journey but it’s a nice thought!

1. Yes I struggle with 2 hours in a plane.

7. Deepa says:

Highlight: I started my February story series and have been able to do a story a day for the last 10 days. Phew!
    Lowpoint: A friend and another friends’ family member being hospitalized for various reasons. The unpredictability of life gets a little too much to handle sometimes.
    My daughter is also in the process of selecting her electives for next year and that can become a big task for them.

Oh dear, I wish your loved ones a speedy recovery, yes life is so unpredictable that’s why we should make the most of every minute given… I’m loving your stories! Glad there’s more coming… & best of luck to your daughter, it’s s daunting time… X

1. Deepa says:

Thank you so much.

Mine. Nothing special. Just another week went by.

I’m sure something interesting happened? Something that made you smile? Something that left an imprint on your mind???

Well. I can’t remember any. I met my old school friend after 3 years. 😊

That sounds like fun! πŸ‘

9. First want to say I am so sorry you have been feeling under the weather , hope your feeling better. Okay Highlights: I have found I have some really nice blogger friends for thinking of me this week on how I’m feeling ! Thank you!!!
    Low point: missing my son and feel so bad how stressed he is to passing his Army AIT so he isn’t rolled back to another week of being in Missouri and having to start at the beginning again. Yes being such a mom..
    and lastly my daughter and I sick all last week and starting to recover .

1. Oh also what pressure for a 13 yr old . That’s harsh . Crossing my fingers he gets the classes he wants.

2. Oh not fun ❀️

I share your highlight, they’re some brilliant bloggers on here & it’s great to connect… I can understand you are missing your son ☹️ … & I really hope your & your daughter are feeling better… X

1. Thank you .. my daughter is doing pretty good it’s lingering for me so taking it slow , yes it’s been along 5 months with seeing him only for two weeks out them . Longest he or any of my kids have been away.πŸ˜₯

10. I was pretty much sick last week after attending a friends marriage but then my sister came this weekend to stay for a week and I feel lively again πŸ™‚

Sisters are great at revitalizing our energy! …. Glad your feeling better… πŸ‘

1. They sure are😍

11. Anonymous says:

Australia is amazing, you would love it

Hopefully I’ll get to one day… Thank you for stopping by… πŸ‘