Eat your vegetables!

Welcome to my blended story. I’ve started the story then 2 of my sons took turns to write the next 2 paragraphs and finally back to me to finish it off…

“Eat your vegetables… You need to eat more greens… You must have your five a day.” Blah, blah, blah! That’s all I ever hear my mum say during dinner time! I’m 10 years old, I don’t want to eat my veg, healthy or not, they’re still yucky! So I refuse. I throw tantrums and I repeatedly get told off but I don’t care, those things make me feel sick. And the more I don’t listen to mum, the angrier mum gets. Like tonight for instance, I didn’t finish my peas, I had 2 or 3 but that’s not good enough for mum, so I was sent to bed without dessert! How’s that fair? But I don’t care! I’m not eating that disgusting veg! …

I was woken in the night by giggling at my bedside. Some strange little creatures were whispering and giggling at me. I couldn’t understand them but they seemed friendly so when they took my hand and led me into the wardrobe, I happily followed. It was a magical place in there, full of sweets, crisps, ice creams, cakes and all the yummy things you can imagine. There were children everywhere laughing and eating and running around looking for the next delicious treat to put into their mouths. I ate until I couldn’t eat anymore. Then the creatures came back and they led me away once more…

I was taken to join a queue, ahead of me were many children who were rubbing their bellies, trying to calm their belly aches; as was I. One by one the children went into a room and the door closed behind them. I couldn’t wait to get there to see what magical thing would happen next. Finally, the girl in front of me went in and I managed to keep the door slightly open so I could see what was in store for us. I was horrified! …

I saw a big ugly giant sitting on a throne sweep the girl up and lick her like a lollipop! “Mmmm, you taste like ice-cream and chocolate, I’ll eat you up” said the giant. “Please don’t eat me Mr Giant, I’ll do anything” cried the girl. The giant laughed. “The only thing you silly children have to do is eat vegetables, then I’d never eat you. I hate Vegetables!” And with that he gobbled her up! I didn’t wait. I turned around and ran, ran as fast as my feet could take me. I ran out of the magical world, back through my wardrobe and back into my bed. I hid under my blanket waiting to hear if the creatures had followed, they didn’t… After that day I always ate my vegetables, I even asked my mum for more!

img_6245

I hope you enjoyed the story.

If you would like to participate, tell me – What horrific thing would you have seen through the door which the girl entered?

Leave all your great ideas in the comments below, I can;t wait to read them!

1. blindzanygirl says:

Oh my! This is BRILLIANT. I will try to think what I might find in my wardrobe. It might involve a mouse!

Ooh, sounds interesting… Or maybe a flea, you could add one of your flea poems into it… ❤

1. blindzanygirl says:

Lol. Yes, a flea may e. But you should hear my story about St. George the mouse. He was my mother’s. Not welcome AT ALL lol.

Oh dear… You’ll have to write a post about it… I’m intrigued… ✍

3. blindzanygirl says:

I will actually. It’s funny lol

2. I know … a huge mirror that shows what you look like after or what you will look like after eating all the treats .. and it’s not pretty. This was a great story you and your boys came up with ❤️

Thank you for your input… I think we all need one of those mirrors, we might be more careful about what we put into our mouths! 😂

1. Hahahaha yes !!!🙂

That is very interesting story and a nice way to make your kids eat vegetables. 😊.

I have a phobia of smaller places so I wouldn’t go in the wardrobe. No Narnia for me.😉

I’m the same, hate small places! … I’m glad you liked the story, my kids loved working on it…

This is very good work indeed on two levels. One the story is very engaging and second at such young age your kids are doing such a great job. Kudos.😊

4. Awesome! This is a great little story. You could do illustrations and sell as precautionary tale for kids who refuse to eat their vegetables.

Hey that’s a good idea… 👍

1. It would be awesome. 😊

I wouldn’t know how to go about it, I’ve never really thought about it… 🤔

3. I don’t know either. I plan to self publish on Amazon when I get myself organized. Lol been saying that for a year.

Keep me informed… & best of luck! ❤

5. For some reason I’m seeing the door opens out to just one door sat in a field of corn. Asked our son and he just looked at me strangely and said ‘a bedroom’ and walked off.

😂 Loved your sons comment! … R u envisioning ‘the field of dreams’ by any chance?

Great minds think alike! 👍

6. Great story and very creative!!