Who will miss you?

The other day I heard a comment which made my blood boil!

“Who will miss you when you are gone?”

I’m not sure in what context this remark was made but either way, I think this remark can be such a hurtful one.

Thinking about my own situation – I know my husband, my children, my parents, my siblings, my extended family and my friends will all miss me when I am gone.

But does that make my life more valuable than someone who has fewer people to miss them? … I don’t believe so…

people silhouette during sunset
Photo by Min An on Pexels.com

Now let’s take a surgeon’s life, for instance, he or she may live for their work therefore will have less dependants or loved ones. Yet they spend their days operating on people and saving lives.

Does that make their life more valuable than mine? … Again, I don’t believe so…

Obviously, my life would be more valuable to my family and loved ones and the surgeons life will be more valuable to their loved ones and the people they help. So really the number of people who will suffer a loss has nothing to do with value of somebody at all.

two person doing surgery inside room
Photo by Vidal Balielo Jr. on Pexels.com

Who are we to judge the worth of people anyway? We all have a place in this word, we all have different life ambitions and we all have a choice as to how we live our life. To me, that means nobody’s life is more or less valuable, we are all equals.

We can only judge ourselves. That’s why this comment offended me so much, even though it wasn’t directed at me (luckily for that person as this post is what I would have ranted back at them).

I would love to hear your views on this remark… Whose life is more valuable? Is any one person more valuable than other? What do you think?

Please leave me a comment to tell me what you think and let’s get a discussion started…

1. Only our family and loved ones will miss us. That’s for sure.

That’s what I think… ❤

1. orkidedatter says:

This was really good and our family and friends will definitely miss us❤️ and yes. Who can jugde anyway, I totaly agree with you.
        Love it🦋

That’s exactly what I think… Thank you ❤️

3. orkidedatter says:

My pleasure❤️

4. orkidedatter says:

My pleasure❤️
        And I nominated you to -Sunshine blogg awards-❤️🦋(my post today…)

Ahhh, thank you… I look forward to reading your answers… ❤

6. orkidedatter says:

You are always kindly welcome🦋 you are so worth it❤️
        Enjoy🦋

7. orkidedatter says:

My pleasure❤️
        And I nominated you to -Sinshine blogg awards-

2. This is really beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing 🙂 !

3. Anupriya K says:

I personally think that it totally depends on us. I am not very optimistic about life and the people around me. I don’t know or care to know who will miss me when I’m gone because what if the people I have expectations for don’t even shed a tear? Death is unpredictable. You never know what’ll happen when, right? Of course your family will miss you but I’ll never know. I love my family more than I love myself. So it doesn’t matter who’ll miss me when I’m gone. I’d be glad that I am gone before people I love. After I’m gone, I’ll never know if someone even noticed if I’m gone. So assuming who’ll miss you is alright. But the whole point is, you’ll never know anything after you’re gone.

That’s a sad feeling in itself, that we won’t know anything once we’re gone… It’s an emotional topic, the thought of dying is scary to me because I don’t want people left behind to suffer… But I guess that’s not a choice anyone has, we don’t know when our time will come, before or after our loved ones… ❤💔

4. huguetta says:

“nobody’s life is more or less valuable, we are all equals.” I agree with that, and I can understand your frustration and your rage when you heard the mentioned sentence! We are all equals in front of God and the people that love us and care for us…A person can die and only has a dog but this dog can also grieve and probably die from sadness! It’s just the number of people that will be grieving on our loss, might increase or decrease…But no one is more important
    but unfortunately the society rules are different and I’ll give you an example, in politics for an example, if a prime minister or president of republic has been assassinated, is different than a regular employee has been killed in car accident…I mean the impact on the whole situation and the results on a whole country…And it applies on many levels because we can’t deny the fact that some people loss can affect an entire country or companies…BUT for their families, it’s all the same! Hope I cleared my point 🙂
    Thank you for sharing such an important topic and God bless you and your family ❤

I understand what you are saying & I agree… A person death can affect or impact many but that doesn’t mean they are more valuable than an unknown person… Grief is grief & loss is loss and nobody can put a value on that….

1. huguetta says:

Exactly = Grief is grief and loss is loss! My pleasure always! ❤

I am making sure everyone I know misses me. For starting I am going to take loan from everyone and then never going to pay then back.

Do you have 500 bucks. I want you to remember me. Is PayPal okay?

😂😂😂 trust you turn this topic around & make me laugh! But thank you, its much appreciated… ❤💕

What happened ? Don’t you want to remember me?

You’ll be hard to forget anyway! 😉

6. Liz says:

As I don’t have any children and my circle of friends is very small, I know that those small few will miss me. But if they are gone before me, I wonder who will, or will people see I am missing.

But that still means you are valuable, even if your circle is small… ❤

1. Liz says:

Yes. But it is that unknown, should I not be able to care for myself later and no one be fully aware, if that circle has gone bed me. I try not to think about it, as the unknown likes to change things. X

❤️💕

7. syncwithdeep says:

Loved your writing ❤️❤️❤️

8. Rohit CHAWLA says:

Quest is Deep! These questions are our experiences… and we learn so much direct from such experiences… !! Thanks for bringing up here…

I wish to share:: Every beautiful heart will miss us whom our heart have touched! No mind will miss… !!

I love that saying! How beautiful, thank you for sharing it… ❤️💕

9. Laleh Chini says:

Beautiful writing dear.<3<3<3

10. I think we are all worthy of being missed. I have always found that question COLD! Hugs all around! ❤️❤️

Yes your right, a very cold question – that’s why it wound me up so much… Thank you for your comment… ❤

11. TammyB says:

Wow that is quite a question.

It’s a tough one, I know!

12. Oh I’ve heard people say that.. I never liked it as well . You said it perfectly , no one has a right to judge . I know my family and love ones will . But yes awful phrase.. thanks for posting this .its a good reminder no one is better then someone else.❤️🙂

That’s exactly what I was trying to say, thank you 💜

13. Simon says:

Everyone’s life is valuable… Even mine lol 😂

Yes, Simon, even yours ❤

1. Simon says:

😀😀😀❤️

14. I’d say in this post you first set your nail and then you sunk it home with the all skill of a master carpenter, Baffy. Ever see one of those guys work? Takes them two blows to set and then sink a large nail. Of course, that was back before some cheat invented nail guns. Your post — relatively few words. So much said and said true and accurate.

I’ll back after I run to the corner store. I just wanted to say that first.

What an awesome comment, thank you Paul. I’m glad you agreed with what I wrote, sometimes it feels like I’m just waffling on! 👍

1. Agree? I agreed with you so much I was absolutely forced and compelled against my will to steal your idea for a post of mine. Don’t believe me? Here’s the irrefutable proof I possess criminal tendencies.

😂😂😂 I love your comments! You really do make me laugh… I hope you did the stolen post justice… I’ll check…

15. I’m back early. I only got to the door before it came to me what I wanted to say. I wholly agree with your outstanding post. Just one thing I’d like to add. Like you, I believe we must treat each other as equal in fundamental worth and value. Why? Because the price, the cost, of not doing so is too great for us humans to pay.

I agree but it’s a shame a lot of our human race don’t treat each other as equals… It would make this world even more beautiful if we all did… 🌎❤

16. I think what matters most is the impact we have on others. From what I’ve read from your posts, and the comments made by people who’ve read your posts, you’re making an impact every day. Keep going! 🙌🏻

Thank you very much… I agree, it is impact & the connection we have… ❤

17. We are all unique beings and special in every way. 💜- Bernice

Thank you Bernice for reading & connecting with me… I agree with you completely… ❤

18. That’s a tricky one and something which we don’t usually ponder upon. I still believe family (and I include the real friends in them ) are the ones who will miss me the most.

We have come to the same conclusion… ❤💕