Fragments of me

Our mind, body and soul are all fragments of our being which should work in sync but this is not always the case.

Sometimes your mind and body are in different places and it can be difficult to regain control. It’s almost as if a part of you is missing…

These are the times we need to remember to give our minds a rest, even though this can be extremely difficult. Find a method that suits you, be it meditation, exercise or even writing.

Just free your mind so it can reconnect…

1. tsepotheview says:

Relaxing through doing yoga or just writing whatever comes to your mind is a nice form of relaxation so people must learn to take things easy and not be hasty about everything. Cheers!

I’ve never tried yoga but I hear it’s great to relax the mind… Thank you for your insight… ❤

2. ilonapulianauskaite says:

Happens to me, but not because of loneliness, it is more because of tireness or over thinking, but i believe it works the same way with lonelyness🌸☀️Great post, thank you for sharing🌈🧘‍♀️

Yes tiredness is a great contributor… Thank you for reading ❤

3. orkidedatter says:

Great post Suki🦋I recognize myself in these words,much because I overthinking… but meditation is my key to free my mind🦋
    I wish you a nice weekend filled with happiness🦋

4. Hi Suki, it’s me! Your virtual internet chemistry lab partner and cocktail buddy! Hope you’re doing well today.

I love your advice to give our minds some rest now and then. I find a lot of comfort and rest when I am able to get out into the wilderness to meditate on the approaching mountain lions. Apart from meditating in nature, writing seems to help me quite a bit. Odd that, since my meditative technique is to still or quiet my thoughts while my writing seems to prompt them. Go figure!

By the way, do you practice any Eastern forms of meditation? You don’t quite say. If not, may I recommend for you Zen? By which I mean the traditional Japanese form where the master walks up behind you and smacks you with a stick if he or she thinks you’re not doing it right. I figure it was practically designed for miscreants like you! Me, I only require more gentle forms and practices.

Last, it’s quite an interesting thought that an absent mind can make us feel alone. By which I think you mean “lonely”? That’s a new thought to me, so I’m going to take my time mulling it over. It has the ring of truth to it. Thanks for the fodder!

Erm… I might give Zen a miss! 😂 … There’s not much wilderness where I live but I do like long walks with my dog, that rests the mind as long as dog stays calm (we have to avoid other dogs, cats, squirrels, birds & even men!) the rest he doesn’t mind! So that’s really relaxing! 😫… Maybe I’ll try walking with the kids – actually that’ll probably be worse, they just fight eachother! … So just me & hubby then – that’ll work 💕

1. “Just hubby” sounds great! Growing up, there was a couple who took a half hour to an hour walk every evening after supper, weather permitting. Saw them now and then for years. Always, always engaged in animated, lively conversation. Don’t know for sure if the walks had anything to do with it, but I can suppose the changing scenery did in fact help them keep a conversation going. They weren’t at all like the couples who sat in silence in the restaurants with lifeless expressions on their faces.

5. Anupriya K says:

This is so important. Being tired all the time, forcing ourselves to work when we’re exhausted and not giving our mind enough time is the first thing that leads to mental and physical deterioration ! Nice post ❤️

You got it spot on… Thank you ❤

1. Anupriya K says:

Your welcome 😊

6. AmyRose🌹 says:

Oh boy, Suki! You’ve just described where I’ve just been. My sanity is found in my camera and Mother Nature. And music. Just one visit to a forest for a few hours and I can “feel” my mind returning. Beautiful post and I really thank you!! 🦋🦋🦋

I miss out a little on mother nature living in a busy town. ☹️… But I do enjoy a long walk with the dog … Have to make the best of what I have… ❤

7. Jonathan says:

I’ve come to realise in recent years that writing is my escape – my place to get away from everything surrounding me. I guess for most people the problem is finding that thing – the thing that works for them.

True… That why I decided to write as well… ❤💕

8. Stella says:

I can really relate to this! I’ve found that yoga is very freeing for me! Really great post!:)

You’re the second person to mention yoga… I really must try it… Thank you for stopping by… ❤

1. Stella says:

I love it! It was my pleasure!:)❤️

Excercise that keeps my motor running.😊

I’m glad you’ve found something that works for you 👍

It took its time but I believe the things that makes you happy and forget everything come to you sooner or later.😊

10. … this happens veery often to me… And then I sit down with a notebook or laptop and start writing, or I go for a walk in the nature, or gardening, or cooking… and suddendly I find peace, and balance… and breathe! x

I was reading this comment & then let out a deep breath at the end, when you said “& breathe”… I guess your comment related to me so much… ❤

11. I’m learning how to meditate, and all of the research says that meditation creates connections between the 2 hemispheres in the brain. We become more creative, and we problem solve more efficiently. I know my creative right hemisphere could use a work out. We also experience rest that is 5 times deeper than sleep.

Wow that sounds amazing… You’ll have to let us know how you get on… ❤

1. I’ve been meaning to blog about it, but I’m not quite proficient enough to teach it. I’m still a beginner. 😊

Maybe you could talk about what you’ve learnt so far then do updates as you learn more? … Only if you’re comfortable with it though… ❤

3. It can be an intense experience. The first session unearthed a lot of emotions. I’m conflicted about how I would communicate that idea to others.

I’m sure the words will come when the time is right for you to share… No rush… ❤

5. Yes, you’re right. Thank you. ❤️

12. That quote is so true. I feel like that most days

13. A long drive in a peaceful location can really calm my mind. 😍

1. *to a peaceful location

I’m getting to that age were I can’t be bothered to drive! I’d rather be in the passenger seat so I can enjoy the views without concentrating on the roads ahead… Very calming… ❤

14. TammyB says:

This is a really great way to think about it. Meditation does help considerably although in that alone state I am always reluctant to do it!

I can imagine… That state leaves me unwilling to do anything… ❤

15. Ramyani Bhattacharya says:

Absolutely. I agree with you. Our minds should have their own means of rest and retreat. ☺️

16. Perfect timing!! Been feeling this way and yes have been taking a break as well.

I’m glad, it’s important to make time to rest… ❤