Let’s know about me

Thank you toΒ Ramyani from Panache BlogΒ for asking me to take part in this exciting journey to find out about fellow bloggers. If you haven’t checked out her blog, please do so, Β you really are missing out!

She’s given me a list of questions to answer about myself which I promise to answer as truthfully as I possibly can… Here goes:

1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?

My full name is Sukhvinder, which is very long and often pronounced incorrectly so I tend to stick with Suki. When I was in school, my friends used to call me Vinny from the ‘vin’ in my name but this fizzled out through the years. My hubby calls me baby (yes, cheesy I know, but I don’t care!), my kids still call me mummy (which I much prefer over mom!) and I get called a few other names by other family members depending on the situation! πŸ˜‰

2. What do you do when you can’t sleep at night?

I toss and turn until I eventually do fall asleep! I also use this time to plan what needs to be done the following day, I think up quotes in my head and if they are any good I jot them down in my notepad which stays on my bedside table and I try to ignore all the strange sounds my mind thinks it hears during the darkness! 😳

3. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?

I’m really quiet! Being a Leo this shocks people as I’m supposed to be loud according to my star sign. You’ll probably be shocked by this as well considering how much I have to say on my blog! 😁

4. What makes you cry?

Some days – everything! Other days – nothing! I’ll cry during sad movies but not if I’m watching it with others. Some songs have me in tears but again not around others… I guess I’m a secret crier! πŸ˜₯

5. What is your guilty pleasure?

If you don’t know this by now then you really don’t know me at all! It’s chocolate and coffee! β˜•οΈπŸ«

6. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage in it head on?Β

Avoid to an extent! There’s some situations I can’t help getting involved in like standing up to bullies! … Also if it has anything to do with my children or family members than I will take on the world! 😀

7. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few close friends?

I have one best friend! But she’s more than enough… When I go out it’s generally the 4 of us which includes my sister who I am extremely close to and my sister-in-law! I do have a lot of acquaintances but I don’t tend to see them much, in fact it’s been years for many… πŸ‘­πŸ‘­

8. What is your favourite song?

There’s so many to choose from! I’m a massive Bhangra fan and also like Hip-Hop and even Pop music… I really couldn’t pick a favourite, it depends on my mood, want I’m doing and the time of day… 🎧

9. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would your question be?

Micheal Jackson – I’m a huge fan and the allegations against him have left me baffled! It’s so difficult to put a man on trial who isn’t here to defend himself. And the recent documentary has swayed my mind about what really happened… I would love to know, I feel the world needs clarity…⁉️

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?

There’s so many to pick from! But I think the worst is superiority. No person is superior to another and I think the quicker people understand this the quicker we can begin living in harmony… I also hate two-faced people, swearing, liars, cheats, nose picking, nail biting, the list could go on… 😑

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my answers. I didn’t answer all the questions asked because I think I’ve answered some previously in other posts.

If you would like your readers to know more about you then feel free to keep this blog going by answering the questions in your next post. If you’ve recently done one of these or are unable to participate then answer my one BAFFLING question below…

‘All Laws have been abolished and you have been given the task of writing the first ‘NEW LAW’. What would it be?’

I’m intrigued to know what your answers will be so don’t keep me waiting, leave me a comment with your NEW LAW below…

1. Simon says:

Good to find out more about you πŸ˜€

1. Simon says:

PLeasure πŸ™‚

2. Umrah Sania says:

Interesting answers πŸ˜€ and very shocked to know your full name.

It’s a long one!… Thank you for reading ❀

1. Umrah Sania says:

No, actually I was shocked because Punjabi’s usually have that name.😊

I am Punjabi… πŸ˜ƒ

3. huguetta says:

nose picking hahahahah OMG! what people think when they are so taken doing this πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    These are lovely answers and always glad to know more about you, I know some already from previous posts πŸ™‚
    You’re a Leo, you’re right it’s weird you’re quiet hahah Leo are talkative and they love lights and attention (in general at least :D)
    I love Micheal Jackson and I don’t believe any of the shit they said about him, I don’t even read them…
    My new law will be: “Anyone has the right to do anything to be happy as long as they are not harming another” the end.

I like that law! & you included “as long as they are not harming another”, this is so important! Crime is on the increase with no end in sight, its sad πŸ˜”

1. huguetta says:

Of course! It’s major, your freedom’s limit is the other person freedom…As I believe of course
        It’s so sad, people nowadays are killing and harming for any reason!

True! Knife crime is a big worry here in UK at the moment. I’m so wary about everybody around me when I’m out as there’s even random attacks! It scary… & sad πŸ˜”

3. huguetta says:

I know! Probably you’ll think I’m crazy but I don’t move without knife and Taser! At some point I wanted a gun but I restrained. I consider self-defense sacred, at least I die fighting πŸ™‚ this is how I think
        It’s a sad world indeed! But no one gets to touch me or the people I love without a decent fight

I’d like to carry a taser but that’s as far as I would go… I do believe in self defense but I’d rather it be without weapons… ❀

5. huguetta says:

I respect your point of view of course, I studied law and there are very strict rules for self defense, I won’t explain it in details πŸ™‚ But if a woman was attacked by a man or more let’s say, a weaponless fight is not fair at all…<3

I understand your view… ❀

4. orkidedatter says:

Wow, great post, I really enjoy to get to know you a little bit more, thank you so muchπŸ¦‹
    But, a new low… I really must think about it, that was a very good question and I lost my words..
    I wish you a nice day SukiπŸ¦‹

Let me know if you thunk of one… Thank you for reading, as usual ❀

1. orkidedatter says:

My pleasureπŸ¦‹and ofcours I will❀️

5. Hey Girl It was fun to read! ThnQ for sharing this with all of us! Have a blessed and wonderful day! Hugz & Kisses, Miss B.

Thank you Miss B for stopping by & connecting with me! πŸ‘

6. Liz says:

It’s hard to narrow down my favourite music lists as well, because like you it depends on my mood. My music choices are much varied now to like 10 or more years ago.

I don’t believe Michael Jackson done it either. He got himself cleared last time and from what I have heard but not seen, I heard the parent of one of them in the latest documentary was laughing while talking about her son and Michael Jackson. No parent would do that of a child who claims Michael Jackson abused him.

I would choose Michael Jackson to ask one question, but I don’t know what the question would be then to get to know him from his younger years.

My new law would be no guns, or knives.

Thank you for sharing your views about Michael Jackson, I really wish he was here to defend himself… I like your new law & would add – no bombs!… ❀

1. Liz says:

Yes. No bombs too.

7. Loved how beautifully you’ve put everything here Sukhvinder.. πŸ˜‡πŸ’•

Thank you… & you used my full name! ❀

1. Yes.. it’s so beautiful.. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜‡πŸ’•

8. Good to know more about you, coffee and chocolate, always good idea, nose picking and nails eaters, i know how it feels special when i’m eating outside, it removes my appetite..

Yes, bad habits are also bad on viewers 🀒 … πŸ˜‚

9. First new law: “Governments shall make no laws, rules, regulations, etc abridging the right of citizens of the earth to be true to themselves within the bounds of the citizens being socially and environmentally responsible.” Or something to that effect. No matter how it was phrased, the politicians would find ways around it sooner or later, but maybe such a law would hold them at bay for a few decades.

Politicians can wriggle their way around anything! Maybe the first law should be against them?!

10. francisashis says:

Thanks for your lovely and inspiring story,I mean facts.

1. francisashis says:

You are most welcome.

11. Yes, standing up to bullies. I can see your strength! πŸ™ŒπŸ»

12. Loved learning more about you! I am to curious about Michael Jackson. With today’s media and everyone’s hidden agendas, it’s hard to decipher fact from fabrication. That is an interesting question about a new law. I think it would have to do with tolerance towards others and eliminating all types of weapons. It is just to easy to gain access to guns and other weapons. Thank you for letting us know more about you.

Thank you for contributing your idea for a new law. Many of us have mentioned weapons & tolerance, it must play on our minds a lot! … ❀

13. You have a nice name dear

14. cannardblogs says:

I feel the exact same way about most of these things

Great minds! πŸ‘β€

1. cannardblogs says:

Think alike πŸ˜‹

There we go! Told you πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚

It’s great to know more about you. And I love chocolates too. Fun fact the rate at which the chocolates are being consumed by 2030 there will be scarcity of it. I am saving all my chocolates for that time.😊.

Oh no! Hopefully they’ll be another sweet treat choice to replace it… 🍫❀

I am afraid not. Do you want to deposit your chocolates with me? Ill keep them safe

Erm… No! I think I’ll keep eating them until there are no more… πŸ˜‹

😒. You are being selfish. What if all chocolates gets consumed. What will you do then? You are not thinking about the world. On the other hand I am protecting it for myself. I mean my world.πŸ˜”

I bet you do… πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

16. Brilliant! So good to know all of this about you Suki!β€οΈπŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

17. James Knight says:

If I had to pick a law. The first line would state, abolish the concept of nations and unify as humanity.
    For some reason, people have started identifying themselves based off everything from gender to nationality to food choices except the one thing that unifies them, their own humanity.

Very well said James! It’s our common factor but always the one people fail to see… Thank you for sharing this… ❀

18. Fisherofmen says:

Wow! Good question. I would put so many number 1 laws into affect right now but the one that I would write is The heavenly father is first and only first, none compare serve him only. Then number 1b would be and everyone is granted financial freedom.

Thank you for your input, it’s a tough question – there’s so many laws we would add, I’ve had some really good suggestions today… ❀

1. Fisherofmen says:

πŸ‘πŸ‘

19. Chocolate and coffee works for me. Love your outlook on life.

20. Your name is so pretty! Loved your answers . That was fun reading . I especially loved the nose picking , cheat liars , two face answer . I think my law would be. No bullying or may a fine . I so hate bullying…

Yes, agreed! Bullies can ruin lives the same as a physical attack… Thank you for your input ❀

21. Interesting answers. Fun read! Curious to know the meaning of your name. It’s beautiful.

Thank you… I believe its meaning is something about spreading happiness. I use Suki for a short name which means peace… ✌ ❀

1. Ah look at that! It’s beautiful truly. Nice!

Thank you 😊… I try to live up to my name… ❀

22. Ramyani Bhattacharya says:

Hey, i didn’t know your name,it sounds like a punjabi name. Your answers are great. I am a leo too, and i dont match with many leo character traits lol. Actually we have a way of two zodiac signs, in bengali its different than the english one might be solar and the other one, lunar. Anyway, when is your birthday?
    I love coffee too and i agree with your list of pet peeves.
    I feel the first law in my constitution would be “all the laws stated hereafter should be obeyed” and then I would go on to write the laws .. i also agree with huguette. She is right about the law.

Thank you… Yes I’m Punjabi. My birthday is 12th August, I’ve never heard about the solar & lunar difference zodiac signs, that’s interesting… That’s a great way to start the new laws! Well done, I didn’t think of that πŸ‘β€

1. Ramyani Bhattacharya says:

Hehe.. thank you. My birthday is 18th of August. Yaay! πŸ€—πŸ€—

πŸ‘β€

23. zahsays says:

My new law would be ‘ Animal abuse to have equal punishment as human abuse.’

Yes! I agree with this law so much! I’ve actually looked into animal abusers & studies show the abuse starts with defenceless animals but then as the perpetrator gains confidence, they will conflict abuse on humans! So thank you! A brilliant law… πŸ‘ ❀

24. Riyyayy says:

Haha I love chocolates and coffee too. You are an interesting person and I am surely looking forward to your new posts.

Thank you! I’m really not that interesting, maybe a little wacky though πŸ˜‚… I’m glad we’ve connected!

25. Interesting answers & agreed on Michael Jackson & superior people…ah, don’t forget the chocolate πŸ«πŸ˜…